Tuesday, December 9, 2014

It's ESOL Testing Week!

Hello, parents and students!

This week we are administering the  county-mandated Quarterly ESOL Writing Assessments to all our ESOL kids.  We are also busy creating our writing projects using Winter-themed templates in time for our Deck the Halls contest.

I will be posting pictures of my kids' projects in a few days.

My Kindergarteners and 1st graders are writing a letter to Santa and are making gingerbread man and santa crafts.

My 3rd graders have designed their houses and calculated the area and perimeter of their houses, which will be included in our "Winter Wonderland" bulletin board.

Designing a house using a grid paper
My 5th graders read different non-fiction texts and identified the main idea and details using a snowman template.

I can't wait to post their completed projects on my next blog!

Bye for now, and keep yourselves warm!

Love,

Ms. Chavez


0 comments:

Post a Comment