Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy Fall!

Hello, parents and students!

Today is officially the start of the Fall season.  It's getting colder everyday so, my dear students, please do not forget to bring your sweater or light jacket to school.

I am very excited to launch my class website where you will find all interesting stuff that I and my kids are doing in my class.   This is also a wonderful tool where we can all communicate with each other.  So, please don't forget to check out our site every week.

In Kindergarten, our kids are learning all the letters of the alphabet, and we are also learning the high-frequency words I and CAN.

In 1st grade ESOL, we have been spending time learning all the short vowel sounds through drills and word games.  We have also read "There was an Old Lady who Swallowed some Leaves" and "Hedgie Loves to REad" and used sequence words in retelling these stories.

In 3rd  and 5th grade, we are practicing how to use the close reading strategies with different texts.

This surely is an exciting year for all of us, so stay tuned for more news about what we are learning in ESOL class.


Love,
Ms. Chavez




0 comments:

Post a Comment